Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sprinco Recoil Reducer

• 2 months later...

Sprinco's approach to prevent damage seems more affective (reducing the impact instead of just providing more surface area for the impact w/ Henning's rod).

I could go with the Henning rod, but wouldn't the Sprinco with my 8# recoil spring on my 9mm Match be even better / reducing more recoil - or would the recoil reduction just be all in my head (negligible)? I think it's worth it for the added safety (cushion), especially with so many experiencing cracked slides [i'm assuming from using reduced power recoil springs, like me].

Edited by asphirosis

I guess I misunderstood the Springco system. I thought that they were a 2 spring system based on their product description of:

Extend the life of your weapon by installing a Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System. A secondary, or sub-spring assembly is incorporated onto a heat treated, stainless steel guide rod to cushion the slide to frame impact! All components, including the chrome silicon wire secondary springs, are hand polished to a brilliant finish for reduced friction.

Doesn't having the secondary spring affect the effective spring force? Or at least that's what I recall from one of physics final exam bonus question where I assumed it was a trick question and just ignored the second spring in the problem.

With the Witness Springco rods you only get the rod, no recoil spring included unless your buying for a 1911.

Yes i did use the same springs for both.

Alan at Springco can set up the captive inner spring in his rods to any thing you want. I ordered mine for 9x23 and it came packed and labeled that way