Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

140mm mag for a P1640

Iggy42

II get 21 in my mags with the Dawson pads, all other parts are Para factory. 21 is tight, but they fit and feed.

I'm guessing I just need to put a little more effort in and see if I can get 21. Thanks for the info!

Did you get the longer mag spring from Dawson as well. Maybe mine just need to be broken in a little. And is that 21 reloadable?

Not reloadable with 21 on my mags. It takes some doing to get it seated.

21+1 startable on 2 mags and 20 reloadable on both. 20+1 startable and 19 reloadable on 2 more mags. Same parts on both sets.

Along with the Dawson ext. base pad the springs and followers are what came in the Para factory mags.

I can load one in the gun from a Barney mag then insert a mag with 21. Getting that 21st round into the mag is tight, I need to use a Lula to load it.

Does your slide lock back with the para springs and followers?

I can get 20 in the mag with dawson base and an over size spring and para follower and they are reloadable.

Is there any good followers out there?

Thks

jcc7x7

Does your slide lock back with the para springs and followers?

I can get 20 in the mag with dawson base and an over size spring and para follower and they are reloadable.

Is there any good followers out there?

Thks

jcc7x7

Locking open on the last shot is working properly, but I was originally having issues with the slide locking back on the next to last shot. Adding a detent hole to the slide stop cured that ailment.

• 1 month later...

Yes ,Para is located in North Carolina now. You should not have any issues with factory ammo,especially WWB. Paras are great guns, I've shot my P-16 in USPSA for years now , I prefer Para over STI. Another good thing about para is the mags don't need tuned to hold 21 rounds of 40s&w. I would also use ISMI mag springs with the DP extentions, I have killed factory para mag springs by loading 21rounds a few times in them.

GunCat

What kind of fiber tic front site are you running? I am seriously considering ordering a Dawson and wanted to know what was working for you.

Thanks

George