Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front sight problem

OK, I bought an STI Tactical a few years ago, I probably have about 20k ish through it now. I just broke my 4th front sight! It's a fiber optic sight (the sight itself is breaking, not the FO) from a major supporter of our sport. The first time it broke was after I had about 7k through it, I sent the slide off and had it replaced. Second time it broke was just before Nationals last year, like 4 days before I left so I had them next day me a new one and installed it myself, about 3K later that one broke, so i sent the slide in again to have it replaced. It broke again the other day, maybe 5k through it (I haven't gotten much trigger time this year). What the consensus, why is this happening? Do I send it back to the same place, again, or try a different brand?

The company is not charging me for the sights, but shipping is getting crazy, and I am sick of this happening.

Thanks

Hello: You should check to see if there is a little light under the sight on top of the slide. If the sight is hitting the slide it could be stressing it. Also if the sight is very tight in the dovetail it could cause a stress crack also. If you are banging it off ports you are on your own :roflol: Thanks, Eric

LOL, yeah I am out of ports MOST of the time. I do not see any daylight and brought this up the last time I sent in the slide for replacement and still no joy. Isn't that something they should check on installation anyway?

ETA, when I did the install, it was very tight, I had to take off quite a bit to get it to fit. I also took some off of the bottom of the rear of the sight thinking that was the problem but there was still contact.

Edited by shooting for M