Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost load malfunction

So I took my newly modified SBE1 out to test the ghost load. I can't seem to reliably get the gun to load the ghost round. 1 out of 5 tries is not exactly what I was looking for. It fires and ejects the chambered round, but does not elevate the next shell. Am I screwing up the sequence of loading? I have been dropping a round into the chamber and then one on to the carrier. When the bolt comes forward the carrier tries to come up and put the ghost into the chamber. Perhaps I have drawn the bolt too far to the rear? Any insight will be much appreciated.

Which notch did you fill?And with what?And it is still there?

I did not fill in either notch. I beveled the rear notch. It's like the ghost is braked by the interuptor. The ghost hangs up on this piece. A slight push to the elevator and its in battery. I don't know where to go from here. Polish the interuptor? Grind and polish the offending area?

Sorry but none of the parts you have mentioned make any sense. I have no idea what an interuptor is. I understand elevator and in battery but what piece are you refering to that hangs up? I will tell you this "grinding" is not a word I would use with Benelli reliability.

Way to many people think that loading the carrier means pushing the little tab on the trigger guard that I could scream. Many folks call this "ghost loading" as well AND IT ISN'T!! You are on the right track with what you are doing, but please look at a Benelli parts diagram so I can help you figure this out.

btw PUSHING THE LITTLE TAB BY THE TRIGGER IS THE SAME AS PULLING THE TRIGGER!!!! For those of you who push the little tab and think it is "Ghost Loading"....A term I hate anyway......Jesse??

Sorry but none of the parts you have mentioned make any sense. I have no idea what an interuptor is. I understand elevator and in battery but what piece are you refering to that hangs up? I will tell you this "grinding" is not a word I would use with Benelli reliability.

EDITED to prevent others from following in my ignorant ways....bevel the bolt as directed and push the extra shell under the bolt and to the rear until a click is heard. That is all you need to do. Thanks to the forum members that were so helpful. :bow:

Edited by Forrest Halley

Thanks Everybody! :cheers:

The click part was the most crucial and omitted detail.

I appreciate the warnings not to grind on the gun. Prevented me from making a nice paperweight.

Loading on the lifter in a nutshell for idiots (like me :rolleyes: ):

Grind or bevel the rear of the rear notch in the bolt to a 45 degree angle. Properly reassemble the gun.

Don't fool with anything else.

Load tubular magazine to full capacity.

Push the shell brass first under the bolt and towards the trigger until a click is heard. Insert another shell into chamber and ensure bolt goes fully forward into battery.

Fire gun as normal and enjoy extra round.