Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used STI Matchmasters?

Mitch Harrington

• 3 weeks later...

I wish STI would ship a gun that runs out of the box. It took some ejector shaping and extractor bending before it started running right. Only up to 400 practice rounds without a malfunction at this point. I'm shooting two matches this weekend and I'm hoping all the problems are fixed.

I wish STI would ship a gun that runs out of the box. It took some ejector shaping and extractor bending before it started running right. Only up to 400 practice rounds without a malfunction at this point. I'm shooting two matches this weekend and I'm hoping all the problems are fixed.

That's why they are only $2700 New! unless buying a custom shop STI, it's rare to get a gun that runs out the box from them. usually it's mag related, or crappy MIM parts failing during break in. Maybe thats why they call it break in.. :rolleyes:

a couple more bucks you can get a custom gun built that isn't "factory" with industry standard barstock parts fitted to perfection that flat out runs.

OR,

Buy a used custom open gun that has already had all the kinks worked out for less. I have seen some very nice deals in the classifieds by respectable members who already "opened wide" and payed new.

JL.

I wish STI would sell those barrels.

I do too - one for minor (steelmaster) & one for major (matchmaster) in 9mm

Also really wish i could get the match master barrel/comp for my steelmaster.Now have a barrel and comp being built.