Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 mag problems

.40AET

(Posting on behalf of a friend who is swamped at work and hopes for a cure by next months match)

He has post ban 10 rounders for L10 that no matter how hard he or I try, they will only hold 9 rounds. He has cut off 1/2 of a coil on the spring with no change. He has high caps, but doesn't want them beat up at a match. Looking for help and suggestions.

Any tupperware technicians experienced this problem???

Kyle?

I have seen this with Glock 10rounders. I think Glock is so worried that you might get 11 rounds in it that they make it next to impossible to get 10 in. Load nine and let it sit loaded. That sometimes helps loosen things up enough to finally get 10 in the mag. I hate those 10 rounders. Pray for the evil law to go away in Sept. ;)

TXAG

Every single time someone tells me this in person, I ask to see the mag. I can then load 10 in with no problemo. Every time it is the person's mag loading technique. If you push the rounds in the mag down with your off hand thumb, then push the new one in with your strong hand, they will go in. It may take some effort, but it will go in. And like the above says, you can leave them loaded with 9 (or 10, even better) and they will loosen up a bit. Or if they are still really hard, use the supplied mag loader that comes with the pistol. They work like they are supposed to.

Like Matt, I think you can usually get the rounds in there. But, they don't run great with ten in them, especially when you seat a ten rounder with one in the pipe.

I think the G21 mags might be the worst.

What the heck is he saving the "standard" capacity mags for? Is he hoping to put them in a museum somewhere? Have him stick some base pads on those. He will have to work pretty hard to be able to beat them up.

I have experienced the same problems. Left the mags loaded with 10 rounds for 3 months, cut the spring, tried different springs, all the suggested above, the only thing that changed was that the 1st few rounds were easier to load. The mags will hold 10 rounds, the problem is that the last round has so much presure on it that it causes drag between the top round and the bottom of the slide. :angry: This can cause a malfunction and make it hard to seat the mag (you got to slap her on the ass real hard :wub: ). Flexmoney has got it right, the G21 restricted mags are the worst, my G17 restricted mags work fine. I too would like to know if any one has been able to get the G21 10 round magazine to function correctly. I have a gen 2 mag that I am will to grind on if anyone has a suggestion.

TIA

G45