Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NM State 3-gun

I suspect that the good Mister Powe would like to know what kind of range may be expected for the rifle, the distance that the shooters might expect to have to engage targets for the 15 rounds of slug...the possibility of aerial targets...

Just a guess, but that is what I'd like to know, so...

:)

Alex

From what Don told me 200 yards will be the farthest rifle shot,Slugs to 50 yards. And I havent heard anything about aerial targets. There will be a rifle stage where you will have to shot through a small sideways port and the targets will be somewere around 100 yds.

Wakal will you be there?

Steve

Yes.

A good portion of The Usual Suspects (San Angelo edition) will be there. Bill Powe, Fred Hindman, Cary Baker, Kelly McCoy, Liota, and some loser with a USAS-12 :)

Any suggestions for a hotel that doesn't suck? Being deployed far too often, my definition of "doesn't suck" tends to be "no vermin, no dripping water (on the bed)", but some of our crowd is a bit more particular. They want running water and flush toilets, too...the softies.

:ph34r:

Alex

(from the application)

Otero Practical Shooting Association

May 29-30 at the Sidney Paul Gordon Range, La Luz, NM

9 stages

Round count: 75/rifle, 75/pistol, 60/shotgun 15 slugs

(editorial comment: pretty light stages...they must not be from San Angelo, Texas and the Texas State 3-Gun championship: home of the 57-round APPROVED 3-gun Stage From Hell).

Must be USPSA member to enter

Alex

Tempting to fly home for a match.

But with nine stages and only 225 rounds it just does not seem worth the trip, unless the stages involve a ton of movement then it may be a kick to run around the New Mexico desert?

Info on New Mexico 3 Gun Match.

Here is the latest on the match, we will have 9 stages.

3 will be speed shoots with shotgun, 6 rounds around the left side of a barricade-must be very limber or shoot left handed- same around right side and 1 speed shoot that will have 2 swinging clays.

There will be slugs out to 30 yards.

2 pistol stages, 1 will have a bobber and clamshell, nothing else special just run and gun.

2 rifle stages, 1 will require shooting MGM flash targets out to about 125 yards with the rifle canted app. 45 degrees. The other stage will be straightforward, 10 to 50 yard paper targets and poppers out to about 125 yards.

We are a small club trying to put on a fun match but we are limited with what we can set up because we use a public range and have to set the entire match up on Friday and tear it down on Sunday.

We do not have enough people to RO so each squad will need to RO themselves, we will have at least one local shooter on each squad to keep everything consistent.

Motel info: Best Western-Desert Aire 505-437-2110 $60.30 double, $51.30 single.

Satellite Inn 505-434-4941- $45.00 double, $38.00 single.

Mention NM 3 Gun for these rates.

Entry form and info at opshooter.org

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will have 2 of the very popular "Stars" in our match and a shotgun with a cylinder choke will not knock the plates off consistently.

HINT HINT- You may need a tighter choke for some of the match!

I found that 20 guage with straight tubes and light loads won't knock them off either. Which is why I shoot 3 3/4 dram 12 guage :ph34r:

Don, expect a rather fat envelope full of entry forms from the San Angelo Carpool Association B)

Alex

Don't let him fool you. The reason Wakal uses those heavy loads is because nothing lighter will run in the 12+ pound destructive device he uses in shotgun matches.

The SAGC crew will be at the New Mexico State 3-Gun.

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

• 3 weeks later...

Nice meeting you too!

Hope they actually have breakfast available next year :(

That is two straight 3-Gun state championships in a row (TX and NM) in a row with food problems. Sigh. I already made reservations for decent (hot) food for the TX 2005 3-Gun, and after seeing what Don went through, will make sure that I specify a "food vendor show time" that matches the "shooter show time" ;)

Don put on a very entertaining match. I'll be there next year, but I also hope the round count is up a bit and that there are more stages B)

Alex

Cary Baker came out of semi-retirement and thumped some heads in Open using a Limited pistol, ending up as second/A/Open, just after some schmuck who uses a destructive device instead of a real shotgun.

Jim Poor and Randy Blair won their respective classes.

No idea how anyone else did, since the results are not posted...nor are they emailed...nor were they even nailed to the Wailing Wall at the match. I guess they don't have a Kelly or a Dale!

Alex