Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting with my son

392heminut

Started my son shooting when he was 5 years old and he shot his first USPSA match at 10 with a 45 SS and major PF loads. (See pic.) From 8th grade all through High School he played varsity sports and won a state wrestling championship along the way. I gave up the shooting so I could be there for every game and tournament and it was a great 5 years! After graduation last year he said he wanted to start shooting again and we are back at it! It sure is great being able to compete along side him instead of sitting in the stands watching! :cheers:

post-21-0-51682200-1308670643_thumb.jpg

Carmoney, when they go off to college it's hard! You'll miss that kid something fierce! :(

Already been there--Sam's my youngest! But it won't be too bad--both kids will be going to school in the same town, which is less than 100 (but more than 50!) miles from home.

Tyler and I shot 3-gun together until the AMU offered a position to him. Some of the best times that I will cherish forever. Before he left he gave me a large picture frame that has numerous photo's of us shooting. I see it every day as I go through the house.

It is cool to hear the old "Oh, you must be Tyler's dad" thing.

My favorite shooting partner will be home from a 7 1/2 month cruise of the western Pacific with the Navy in a few weeks. He said the first thing he wants to do after kissing his GF is hit the range! B)

We shot a good bit when he was growing up, and he credits that for him getting his Expert qualification with the M9. :cheers:

Edited by BillR1