Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M2 on the way....

Hi All,

A new Millennium Two chrono is on the way to my house. As I've never used a chrono before, are there any set up tips that I need to know or is it just set up-shoot-read kind of thing?

Thanks in advance!

Jan

it was pretty easy when i got mine, biggest thing is make sure it is level when shooting through it

make sure you have it far enuff away from the muzzel -- most handguns i shoot 10 foot is enuff but with

my rifles it has to be 12-15 feet away.

read the manual atleast once to get a feel for how to set it up and use it.

• 2 months later...

For muzzle blast, you can cut a hole out of a target and put it in front of the first screen.

I have yet to meet someone who has not shot one of the side arms or had the chrono fall over due to wind bending one of the side arms. Just call Dillon and order some replacements.

I use a bungee cord when the is a slight breeze. I attach on end to the tripod arm and use my hitch or range bag to weigh now the chrono so it does not fall over again.

Read the manual, do not just do the guy thing and set it up and run it.

Learn how to store and recall; clear all or clear a string.

I try to make sure there is no direct light on the sensors, hence the need for the screens to diffuse the light.

I have control ammo from Nationals and A2. So I know that my readings will be fairly close to those at the matches. Since they use a light box and two chronos there will be differences. With my friend's chrono, his always ran slow, so I was always a little fast. My M2 appears to be quite close to velocity at SSNats this year.

Remember temperature and altitude can have an effect on your velocity v. the match conditions.

I download my data to a PC (PIA since I am an Apple guy-thanks to Burkett) that I took out of storage. I like using Excel to really understand my new load development process.

Finally, the minimum number of shots per string is three and the max is 7. I do this because it replicates what can be done at a match. I will do multiple strings over several days and conditions. Gman Bart has written extensively about his method. Do a search.

hi there your going to really like your new chrono, like they said in post above buy extra supports, my first outting was cut short do to shot side support in half.now i have plenty on hand and also a roll of duct tape.