Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 trigger not resetting...

kamikaze1a

My G35 with after market trigger and light striker. 14# recoil spring and standard striker spring (coil cutoff). Gen 3, almost three years old many and thousands of rounds down the tube.

Recently had a couple of incidents of trigger safety sticking way out and trigger not reset (full back). Happens only when releasing slide from slide lock.

Trigger spring tired? Pretravel adjustment? Trigger safety lever worn?

What trigger do you have on there? Sounds like you took up too much pretravel and the trigger bar is not catching The striker ... Try adding a bit more pre travel and see if that fixes your issuee... I've had that same issue on my fulcrum when I didn't have enough pre travel. It's just enough for the trigger safety to catch the back of the trigger gaurd hence why it sticks out So far.

Edited by razerok1

What trigger do you have on there? Sounds like you took up too much pretravel and the trigger bar is not catching The striker ... Try adding a bit more pre travel and see if that fixes your issuee... I've had that same issue on my fulcrum when I didn't have enough pre travel. It's just enough for the trigger safety to catch the back of the trigger gaurd hence why it sticks out So far.

Was hoping to avoid mentioning the brand...but will look into that pretravel adjustment. Thanks!

With a light striker spring and a heavy trigger spring, the trigger may not reset. When i run a light striker spring I dont run a heavy trigger spring.

You can run either a light striker spring or a heavy trigger spring, but not both.

The most common problem I've seen is a broken, damaged, or worn out trigger spring. I'd replace the spring in any event. Make sure it's the same one you had before. A totally different spring could change the way your trigger works. Also check your trigger pins. Broken pins/springs seem happen more often on a G35 as opposed to the G34.

Chances are that if the adjustments did not move, something gave out or wore out. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone. The no reset/trigger safety lever over-extended forward, does not happen often. Just happened for the first time (one time) during a match. I had it happen about a dozen times during practice sessions over a period of several months.

Did a complete detail strip recently and did not see any problems and confirmed lastnight that trigger spring installed correctly. The problem seems to appear from slide lock only so first shot or reload from slide lock. I could not make it happen last night but in the past, it seems that the trigger safety lever will be extended extra forward at slide lock and the trigger safety lever will hold the trigger in the rearward position and not allow the striker to reset. If I catch the trigger safety in that position at slide lock and push the trigger safety lever to the correct position, I feel a tick as the rear of the trigger safety lever passes the trigger...and returns to normal static position.

So it seems that the trigger safety lever is sometimes extending too far forward at slide lock. Question is why? Worn? Spring? Will be ordering new trigger spring as that is one part that is not in my spare parts pouch...

Update, tried backing out pretravel screw and that did not resolve the problem. Moved the trigger spring to the factory hole and that seems to have fixed the problem but trigger pressure for takeup and break increased too. Since it's strictly for competition and I want the softer trigger back, maybe heavier trigger spring in original position?

The word from the manufacturer is, move the spring to the factory hole. They no longer do that mod to their trigger bar. Moving the spring raises takeup/break pressure a bit...and have to adjust to that increase if I want the reliability.

Thanks everyone!