Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You Are a Californian...

Jasonub

ChuckS

Yes I am originally from Barstow, parents still live there. but I also lived in La Mirada for 4 years and Ridgecrest for another 4

I love the geography of California but he temporary residents of Sacramento have really ruined a great state.

Alan

Alan,

I case you forgot I visited with you and Dave a couple of years ago and shot a match at Quantico and got rained on in Maryland. Your observation of Ca is the frustrating part. A wonderful place with screwy politics!

I spent a miserable couple of hours in stop and go traffic on a freeway. It just seemed to be full for no reason. It was kind of hot, truck fumes, the usual urban blight. 90 minutes of my life to go 20 miles. But you know what? It was not on the 405 going to LAX. It was trying to get across Phoenix to Rio Salado for Area 2 around noon on 10 Nov. They only way I could tell that I was not in La is that the HOV lanes (clogged!) did not have the $271 threat signs on them.

If you look around, you can find things that suck pretty much anywhere! We make our choices and live with them.

Enjoy the holidays!

Chuck

If you look around, you can find things that suck pretty much anywhere

S'Truth. It just sux a little more, or a little less depending on where you are, but it pretty much sux everywhere in some manner or another.

We need to recognize that it's not "where" that we should hate, but "what" we should hate. It's happenstance puts it anywhere specific, not the place itself.

+2 to Flex's sentiment.

As much as CA sux, it sux elsewhere too, just in different ways. Look for things that suck hind teat wherever you are, you will find them ;-)

--

Regards,

Chuck,

I remember the drive to Maryland in the rain.

Yes I do agree that you can find the best in any of the places around. There are tradeoffs though, like I said I do miss the geography of CA, living in the desert with the wide open spaces was great. Could head to the beaches, the Colorado river or the mountains all were just a few hours away. Also could make a quick trip from Barstow to stateline on a Fri evening and be back home at a reasonable hour.

Take care.

Alan

If you have to wait 15 days and give up your fingerprints like any other criminal to pick up a gun you have already paid for you might live in California.... :P

now now we only have to wait 10 days and give out thumbprint. It's just a shooters paradise. (Please note dripping sarcasim) :rolleyes::blink::ph34r: