Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sellers who withold shipping charges until

2alpha

I don't see it in the classified section here but many classified sections and auctions lately specify "Seller will post actual shipping after deal is pending". I hate that, it usually means they want to gouge you on shipping after you commit to buy and then give you bad feedback for backing out. :angry2:

I don't see it in the classified section here but many classified sections and auctions lately specify "Seller will post actual shipping after deal is pending". I hate that, it usually means they want to gouge you on shipping after you commit to buy and then give you bad feedback for backing out. :angry2:

Beeing a shipper in another line of business I would think that the merchant is just trying to protect himself. At my site the customer is told his shipping amount (calculated by UPS) and at the end of the month when I get my shipping bill, they charge me more than they quoted the customers. :angry2:

I also hate bidding on a gun and not knowing what shipping will be till afterwards. I wish they would advertize 25 dollars, ship it for 19 and just keep the difference. Alot simpler and quicker. It does take a couple of shipmemts before you know what is the norm.

Edited by kellymc

I don't use the auctions, when I buy off a board I just make an offer that includes shipping, and I make it enough to cover reasonable shipping. No way I'd agree to buy something without knowing a final cost.