Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell / Mag Exgension Combos for XDM40

PKT1106

Hey guys - I have been trying to search, but I have to come right out and ask everyone:

Does anyone know if the Canyon Creek Customs 140mm mag extensions for the XDM40 mags will work with the PistolGear Unlimited magwell?

I use the CC 140 extensions with the Pistol Gear Patriot magwell. My assumption would be that they will work with the Unlimited as well. If no one has a definite answer you might go to XDTalk and post the question in Pistol Gear's forum. Sure to get an answer from the horse's mouth that way.

Kinda hoped Aaron would have an answer for the OP. There are a couple of other shooters in my area that use the same combination of extensions and magwells with no issues.....Lewis

Rich,

How do you install the bases? I've looked at the photos on your web site and do not see screws or plates.

And do they fit the gauge when installed?

Edit to add:

I was able to zoom in on one of the pics and it appears there is a hex head screw in the top of the back???

Edited by dejadoo

I know Rich will not like to hear this but Ive been running his extensions with no set screws for about 6 months. I lost one of the screws and decided to tempt fate and keep using it. 0 failures thus far. Its just too much trouble to remove that set screw after every stage to clean.