Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mec-Gar/Tangfolio .40 mag at the range

david s

My Hunter with its additioal Briley Tangfolio (new/old stock ) .40 barrel and new mags (K40 on tube) shot great at the range Suday No issues. So i could continue to use Hennings MagWell i drilled a hole in the bottom of Hennings shortest mag pad. This allowed the spring plate from the new mag to stay in place and the knob on the bottom of the plate to fit thru the hole i drilled(just like factory base) and sit flush with the inside of the base pad.Now very secure + Hennings screw lock at the back of the pad. The followers are much deeper than the old red followers and at no time do they ride out of the tube. I wonder how tall a base pad you could use and what spring weight would be correct? I want to keep the tube and M-G follower.

Nealio,

Please reread what i wrote at the top of the page. Only way to get spring plate to sit flush. Beven Gram recomended this. My only concern at this time is to have working mags not how many rounds they will hold. The 10mm Hunter will be there on opening day of deer season 8/15/11. Goal is head shot at 50yds with STS red dot sight.

JCB,

Thin spacer at back of the K40 mag.

Yeah that's my point, the spring plate is used to keep the stock followers on. You don't need then with henning pads.

By drilling a hole in them you just made a nice hole for dirt to enter your mags when you drop them.

You guys are both right. I'm 61 yrs old and it's a lot easier for me to get the base pad off if the spring plat is still there. Henning tells me i need to practise more taking them off and on without the spring plate! I do clean my mags after every time i shoot.

I had some other questions in this topic i started, if you all have time could i get your two cents worth?

Edited by david s

To take the Henning bases off your mags, you screw the setscrew in all the way and pull the base off. To me its easier than the stock pads. I don't don't see how its a pain in the butt unless you guys are trying to pry the spring down into the tube or something...

To take the Henning bases off your mags, you screw the setscrew in all the way and pull the base off. To me its easier than the stock pads. I don't don't see how its a pain in the butt unless you guys are trying to pry the spring down into the tube or something...

I actually had a hard time the first time, but it was because I was afraid I might break the springs. When I finally realized that springs are meant to flex, I just rip that sucker right off. :-)

i didn't want to put a permenent bend in the spring. Shot one old "red follower" factory mag, two Mec-Gar old style 38 Super mags and one New K38 M/G--Tan. mag. All ran great. Both 38 Super & 38Super/Comp. The spring in the Old style Tangfolio is very close to being Wimpy. That was a first for me shooting S/C ammo. I shot both MAJOR and MINOR. Very accurate. Factory rubber grips are too fat for me.