Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from MO

champ198

hello everyone. im new here and looking at starting to shoot USPSA and seems a lot come here for info so this is where i need to be.

im going to my first match this sunday to watch and maybe shoot, not sure yet. have been working on getting some cheaper gear to start out with.

looking to learn a lot here

Greetings,

Near a newbie myself, but since I'm in Southeast Missouri I'll give you a welcome ;)

General advice I've heard is that if your first match is a big one, best to watch first. If you have been around the block with handguns, and it's a small match might be work to join on in. If you have a contact name for the match director might best to call and ask.

I shot at my first IDPA and USPSA matches, but had been into pistols for years, been through "tactical" law enforcement qualifications (about the easiest stage you could imagine in USPSA), and did fine, but that was with about twenty people shooting, and someone assinged to walk me through.

• 1 month later...

What part of the great state of MO are you from? Here in the SW we there is about something to shoot every weekend, if you have the time. Welcome to the forum (even though I am new here too) and hope to see you at a range sometime