Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Limited 10mm: please school me on sight options

kwesi

Several weeks ago my buddy showed me his Limited in 40 S&W and it looked gorgeous. I currently shoot a G20 with a KKM match barrel. We met last night so I could test fire his Witness. While I loved the feel of it, my accuracy was not noticably better than with my Glock. Possibly it was getting used to a much better trigger but for sure it is due to the stock sights.

My problem is that I wear glasses but only for reading. I've always had a problem with any standard blade/post sights. He had the red front sight installed but with the light at our indoor range it was not bright. I switched to a pair of 1X cheaters and then I could see the front sight. Over the past several years I've found two sights that work best for me:

1. "Sure Sights" - do not believe they are made for the EAA

2. Standard thick white Glock sights.

Can you school me on what other sight options are available for the Witness Match that might work for me? While I really enjoy my G20 and the KKM I will consider replacing it with a Match.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Kwesi> The only after market sight options available for the EAA/Tanfo guns are made by Henning Wallgren. Currently he only offers optional front sights of different widths and heights. His front sights are way better than the stock sights. I like using the Henning .105 wide by .180 tall Fiber Optic front sight with a Green FO rod. Then I cut the rear notch width to .145 wide. This sight setup works out the best for me.

This isn't sight related, but if you haven't already thought about putting a Sprinco recoil reducer on that 10mm, you should. They don't make stiff enough springs to handle 10mm loads in these guns, and the Sprinco will keep you from battering your frame.

Feel free to PM me if you want any 10mm specific info/advice.

This isn't sight related, but if you haven't already thought about putting a Sprinco recoil reducer on that 10mm, you should. They don't make stiff enough springs to handle 10mm loads in these guns, and the Sprinco will keep you from battering your frame.

Feel free to PM me if you want any 10mm specific info/advice.

Nealio: thanks for the offer. His guns is .40 S&W and he shoots soft loads whereas my G20 is 10mm. I have a Wolf two piece 22# recoil rod in it. You actually replied to another post of mine regarding the Sprico recoil rod. I will get it if I go for the Limited. Thanks for the heads up.

Kwesi> The only after market sight options available for the EAA/Tanfo guns are made by Henning Wallgren. Currently he only offers optional front sights of different widths and heights. His front sights are way better than the stock sights. I like using the Henning .105 wide by .180 tall Fiber Optic front sight with a Green FO rod. Then I cut the rear notch width to .145 wide. This sight setup works out the best for me.

Thank you!

If you like the white dot Glock front sight and it works for you, take a stock EAA front site, put a dibbit in it and white site dot paint ( or the paint used by the highway department to paint the white fog line). Actually if you know anyone that works for the hwy Dept that's the better paint to use. It's chemical and wear resistant and is ultrailluminating.