Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nickel Plated RL1050

I ran across a nickel plated RL1050 that looks and cycles like it is brand new. I would like to know when these were built, what are they currently selling for, and if parts from the RL1050 interchangeable with the S1050 and vice a versa. Brian shipped one of the Super's to me about 6 months ago.

I do know that the cycle length is longer on the Super but are the tool-heads, primer system, etc interchangeable between the two machines. Also, have any of you seen or a nickel plated press such as the one I have described;if so how does the perform relative to the current production S1050? I actually like the looks, as it is rust resistant and appears to have a stainless tool head on it; there is not a blemish on it

I was quite surprised when I found it as I never knew they made that type of press.

Thanks,

Don

Call Dillon about this one. Something in the back of my tiny little mind tells me about an early model 1000 series machine that was bright. If I'm correct I believe that Dillon does not support this model anymore and replacement parts are not available. Keep in mind that I might also be wrong.

Call Dillon.

Pat

I will take it outside in the sunshine and post pictures tomorrow if everything works...you guys know how that is. Anyway, I talked with a Dillon Rep. the other day and he confirmed that these were the first 1050's produced and that they were considered excellent presses. Other than the nickel finish it looks and fits all RL1050 parts that I have tried so far. Heck, the base measurements that I have taken are right on with the S1050.

I have gotten it adjusted and replaced some primer feed parts and it cycles more smoothly than my RL or Super 1050.

Don

Pictures posted tomorrow! Hopefully?

I will take it outside in the sunshine and post pictures tomorrow if everything works...you guys know how that is. Anyway, I talked with a Dillon Rep. the other day and he confirmed that these were the first 1050's produced and that they were considered excellent presses. Other than the nickel finish it looks and fits all RL1050 parts that I have tried so far. Heck, the base measurements that I have taken are right on with the S1050.

I have gotten it adjusted and replaced some primer feed parts and it cycles more smoothly than my RL or Super 1050.

Don

Pictures posted tomorrow! Hopefully?

• 2 weeks later...