Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15 build - folding stock on 20" rifle

Laramie

I'm putting a new AR15 together using a number of prize table parts and a new 20" barrel/bolt. One of the parts I have is a folding stock (manufacturer unknown but it looks exactly like the one Brownells sells). I would like to use this stock on the new rifle just for those times when an awkward shooting position is required. Here's my question. Can I use the carbine stock, spring, and buffer with the 20" barrel or do I need to stick with the A2 rifle stock, spring and buffer? If the rifle barrel and folding stock are incompatible, can I fix the problem by using an adjustable gas block? I can't seem to get a clear answer.

Thanks ahead of time for any info ya'll can provide,"Laramie"

yes. No problems whatsoever. I'm running a carbine adjustable stock on both an 18" and a 20" build that I just completed.

Lots of other guys at Rio Salado running 18"-20" barrels with adjustable stocks.

Mick

Your initial post said "folding" stock. Folding stock is a no go. Collapsible is a go. I do personally run an adjustable/collapsible Magpul UBR with a 20" barrel and rifle length gas out at Rio, I love it. It shoots very smooth and very flat and the adjustability does come in handy. :cheers: