Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shirt in mag pouch + double feed

NatNat

I'm just comming back from the local match, stage 1 had the ammo on one table, the gun on another (20 yards away) and the start box 10 yards away from both tables.

I hear the beep, run forward to get my ammo, pop one into the mag pouch with my T-shirt jammed in and the other in my hand. Run to the other table and my Shirt pulles the mag out of the pouch without me noticing. Grab the gun, load, shoot 1 target: bang, bang, transition to the other: bang ... NOT BANG shit double feed. Lock the slide back, strip the mag, rack the slide, grab for a new mag.... and there was no new mag <_< . So i run forward to pick up the dropped mag and shoot the rest.

That cost me about 15-20 seconds on that stage.

Notes to self: Tuck the shirt in all the way.

And more importantly! Get a gun that hasn't got a double feed every f***in' 100 rounds. :angry2: (3 double feeds the club match the month before...)

It's a glock 17, but a club one. They get used a lot, are old and never cleaned. And the club ammo is crap, too.

I'm 17 years old and haven't got a gun YET!

Nothing I can do about it until I'm 18.

yeap tucking your shirt in is important, worse case, you can catch you gun on it during the draw and end up with a gun on the ground.

glocks are generally reliable and eat most ammo, maybe you could offer to clean it for the club and see if that helps.

why do you have to wait till your 18, you can get a firearms licence and B endorcement in new zealand at 16.

yeap tucking your shirt in is important, worse case, you can catch you gun on it during the draw and end up with a gun on the ground.

Actually, I believe worst case is when you holster a loaded gun and the untucked shirt gets wedged into the holster, catches the trigger, and you shoot yourself in the leg.

glocks are generally reliable and eat most ammo, maybe you could offer to clean it for the club and see if that helps.

why do you have to wait till your 18, you can get a firearms licence and B endorcement in new zealand at 16.

I'm from germany, I just live here as an exchange student.

I could maybe get my B but I don't know how pleased my host mum would be if I come home with a gun :D

I go back to germany in July....

I'll post how much it ended up costing me, when the results are out.