Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite IDPA course of fire

midvalleyshooter

Hi folks,

What is your favorite IDPA COF? Are the details available online? What total round count do you expect in an IDPA match?

I ask this as our club begins to plan for 2002. We are planning on a 3 gun format, with most months using only 2 of the 3. If you are curious check out our web site: http://www.midvalleyshooters.com/

Thanks,

Keith

I like a variation of the old El Presidente. All is the same except the targets are taken in tactical sequence with a tactical load, or load with retention after the first six rounds. Limited Vikers, everything on the clock. It's a skill drill. I'm sure someone else has thought of this one.

I like any stage with a vehicle in it.

One stage I liked had a Suburban parked with it pointed at an angle to the left side berm. You started inside with both hands on the steering wheel. All the windows were rolled down. At the signal you engaged 6 targets out the right hand side windows. Some of the targets were shot out the back window, some out the front window and some you had to scoot over into the passenger seat to shoot out the right hand window. It was 12 rounds so everybody had to reload. It was a simulated carjacking where the car in front of you stopped suddenly. That happens enough in real life.

Another good stage. You started laying down in the back seat of a car like you were taking a nap with your gun on the console. At the signal you grabbed your gun and engaged 3 targets inside another car parked right beside yours.

Are you allowed to do stuff like that in California?

Bill Nesbitt

BILL,

You missed the year-end night match at Briar Rabbit...

Starting inside the car...six in the gun...six steel out or the passenger window.  Shoot to slide lock then get out.  Big cop lights going on top of the car.  Very, very hard to find your sight to pick up any steel that might have been missed out the window.  Then you moved on to shooting BG's in a mini-van.  Pretty cool.

So far there is not a California Match Safety Inspector The car stages are fun. We have a vintage 1978 Chevy pickup we use in stages. Also one of our members we refer to as "Mr. Wizard" has fabricated a platform complete with a car door and latch with handle.

On another note the California gun laws are very repressive. My long term goal is to relocate my family to another area. The anti-gun laws are just the tip of the iceberg. I live in Modesto, once a town of 50,000 now 300,000 plus, soon to be the next San Jose

Keith