Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

21SF No hole in back strap

Suicycle

I ordered a plug the other day for the the rear of the grip, not that I needed it but I thought I would look at it and it was cheap. When it got to the house I poped it in and noticed my RTF2 doesn't have a hole in the backstrap. Is this normal on the rtf guns or is it normal on the SF models? Anyway the plug stays in from friction and a full blown magwell is allowable in CDP for IDPA if I want to go that far, but now I am looking at drilling or some other options. Just curious to what others have out there.

Hmm, interesting. My regular G21SF has the hole, but it’s not an RTF2. My G17 RTF2 has the hole too. Looks like you would need to drill it then if you wanted a magwell, or you could epoxy an STI magwell like some other folks have. The carver magwell I have for my 21SF needed a few mods to make it function 100%, in its stock configuration there was interference with the basepads. It’s fine now, but the exposed aluminum in contrast to the black anodized aluminum and black frame is an eye sore.

I ordered a plug the other day for the the rear of the grip, not that I needed it but I thought I would look at it and it was cheap. When it got to the house I poped it in and noticed my RTF2 doesn't have a hole in the backstrap. Is this normal on the rtf guns or is it normal on the SF models? Anyway the plug stays in from friction and a full blown magwell is allowable in CDP for IDPA if I want to go that far, but now I am looking at drilling or some other options. Just curious to what others have out there.

I have two of the 21sf rtf2's and they had no hole. I just drilled it. The regular 21sf I had came with a lanyard hole. My G19 RTF2 has a hole.