Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Ice Holster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the rule says anything about where the muzzle clears. It does say, specifically, that the slide must be covered up to 1/2" below the ejection port.

Now I'm wondering. Wouldn't " below the ejection port " actually be down to the frame and not torwards the front sight?

Hmmmm?

Edited by 67 LS1 Camaro

I don't think the rule says anything about where the muzzle clears. It does say, specifically, that the slide must be covered up to 1/2" below the ejection port.

Now I'm wondering. Wouldn't " below the ejection port " actually be down to the frame and not torwards the front sight?

Hmmmm?

Unless you holster with the muzzle pointing at the sky, no.

I measured my black ice, and it seems to be legal - just barely. Phew.

Why? BT is replacing mine and also taking care of the shipping. I don't even have to send it in until I have the new one.

This is retarted. Im slapping a piece of electric tape on mine and calling it good

If that's the case, that would be great. I have a sectional to shoot in less then a month. Just a bit of a PITA over a triangle that provides no advantage to the shooter. Im still waiting to hear back from BT

If that's the case, that would be great. I have a sectional to shoot in less then a month. Just a bit of a PITA over a triangle that provides no advantage to the shooter. Im still waiting to hear back from BT

sdm74,

How long ago did you contact us? The office is well aware of situation. Please contact customer directly by phone toll free: (877)331-5793. We will take care of your concerns immediately.

Regards,

Brian

Interesting. I told BT I have a couple of local matches coming up and need a holster. She told me to just keep mine until the new one gets here.

I don't even have to send it in until I have the new one.

Lucky you....I have to send in mines first......

Interesting. I told BT I have a couple of local matches coming up and need a holster. She told me to just keep mine until the new one gets here.

Like I said Luck You. I've got State Championship this weekend (as stated on my 4th post). Sucks to be me. Now I may have to go LIMITED minor . I can't use my G35 because i've been shooting my G34 half a year now.Got all my 9mm ammo chrono'd and ready to go.. :P:P

Somebody from your club/area has to have an extra holster. If not, nothing a small piece of cardboard and electrical tape can't fix. :cheers:

Like I said Luck You. I've got State Championship this weekend (as stated on my 4th post). Sucks to be me. Now I may have to go LIMITED minor . I can't use my G35 because i've been shooting my G34 half a year now.Got all my 9mm ammo chrono'd and ready to go.. :P:P

Somebody from your club/area has to have an extra holster. If not, nothing a small piece of cardboard and electrical tape can't fix. :cheers:

So to answer the original post, the answer is "yes" ?

I've already given away my Blackhawk when my Blade-tech arrived....And he is using it this weekend... :D:D:D

So to answer the original post, the answer is "yes" ?

I've already given away my Blackhawk when my Blade-tech arrived....And he is using it this weekend... :D:D:D

Did you already send out your holster? If not call BT back and explain your situation.

Did you already send out your holster? If not call BT back and explain your situation.

No,not yet...I'll send it out this Monday.....It would be nice to have them ship me the replacement first though, we have a match here nearly every weekend.. ;)

Just got mine today. It passes ejection port measurement and also passes the measurement away from belt without modification. Comared to my old DOH this new one has a longer support hanger which increases the holsters sturdiness. Gives it a much smoother draw.

Thanks again,

Blade Tech

I will also be returning my non compliant one

Steve

Mine is right at .5", so I'm not worried about that, but with a CR Speed belt and a G34 it's not even close to being within 2" from the inner belt. More like 2.5". Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I inserted a "shim" between the holster and the lower-screw of the drop-off bracket. I used a 1/3"-1/4" nut. That made mine somewhere around 1.9" to 2.1", depending on what part of the gun is used to measure.

Mine is right at .5", so I'm not worried about that, but with a CR Speed belt and a G34 it's not even close to being within 2" from the inner belt. More like 2.5". Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend that you do NOT buy from Blade Tech. I ordered a Black Ice holster in the middle of May; it just arrived today (June 20), although they billed my credit card immediately.

I read about the ejection port problems just after I sent my order. I e-mailed my concerns and said to make sure the holster was USPSA legal. The space below the ejection port is a full inch. (my old BT was at least close to 1/2 inch)

BT knew of these issues, and I specificly brought up the issue, and yet the holster was not made even close to correct.