Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need to know if this is a good deal?

I've been calling around along the gulf coast to anyone who might carry an STI Edge so I can go handle it before making a final decision and one of the shops I called that no longer sells guns calls his friend who calls me... Anyway he happens to be selling an Edge with less than 1000 rounds through and 3 mags he and his friend tuned with, I think he said, Grams followers in them. Hes selling it because he bought an Apeiro about a week after purchasing the Edge and wants to fund a new open gun also. Oh yes, and the Edge is in 40, same as what I was searching for. Also note, I haven't seen the gun yet to verify any wear and tear on it, if this makes a difference in the decision.

So does a STI Edge with < 1000 rounds through it and 3 "tuned" mags sound like a good deal for $2000 or should a go lower, or just disregard this and get a new one from Dawson Precision with their tuned mags for around $2300?

I know that was a mouthful, I'm open to any and all criticism given.

Thanks for your input!

"Tuned" mags go for aprox. $100 a piece, assuming the have good basepads, and hold at least 19-20 rounds each. That makes the gun price about $1700. Thats about right. So no, it's not a killer deal, but it's okay.

I sold my edge with about 1200 rounds through it the other day. Came with the one factory mag, case, all factory papers, 3# trigger and Dawson fiber optic sights for $1700 and that included shipping.

You can get a chromed tuned Edge for 2200, new.

http://brazoscustom.com/sti_guns/edge_plus.htm

I've been calling around along the gulf coast to anyone who might carry an STI Edge so I can go handle it before making a final decision and one of the shops I called that no longer sells guns calls his friend who calls me.

I'm sure you could find someone with one, at any local USPSA match who'd let you look at it, but honestly I wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying a Brazo's HP Edge new, I love mine.

J

PS.

Just popped on classifieds.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128869

Edited by JasonS

I just got another job to help fund this next purchase so hopefully I'll have enough in a few weeks to make a final decision and hopefully talk him down a tad bit if I don't find a better deal by the.

That Brazos looks like its in fantastic condition, if by some miracle its still here in a few weeks I'ma have to check it out.

Thanks for the help fellas!