Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Open Gun

lgbmike

I have no problem making major in 9mm with Matt's barrel with 2 ports. I load 8.0 gr of Silhouette with a 125 Zero or Montana Gold bullet, Win SRP, 1.160 OAL at 170 PF. In my Anglin gun with no holes I reduce the powder to 7.7-7.8 gr.

Are you set up to reload 38sc?

Are you set up to load 9mm?

The only reason I went 9 major is I was already stocked with brass, primers and reloading eqp and just needed bullets and powder for major. If I could do it all over again..i'd probably go 38sc.

I have no problems making major with my 9 major razor cat which has a lot of holes. I load 7.9 of silhouette and it gives me about 170 pf with zero 125 jhp.

Well I just bit the bullet and bought an open gun. I started USPSA with a Para 1640, then moved to a 6" eagle limited. moved up to B class, then kinda lost interest. My first choice woulda been a STI based 9 major, but I got a really good deal on a just add ammo Caspian 38 and rig. I figure I can buy a whole bunch of brass for what I saved. Not to mention I generally RO area majors so should be ok on brass. I ordered Starline sc and a couple hundred rounds of fiochi 38 super factory loads so I can shoot while I am waiting for dies to arrive. Gonna go to the powder store in the AM and see what's on the shelf. Be limited to whats there so be looking for Autocomp, HS6, or 4756. I'll be using 115 gr Win FMJ HB as I have several thousand left over from IDPA days.