Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Reloading Help

The only time that the 'Neck Sizer' is used is when you are loading the brass that came out of one bolt rifle for use in the same bolt rifle, and at that time it replaces the Full Length Sizer.

Brian

great, thank you again BE. I spoke with you on the phone like 15 minutes after i ordered, it was nice to see that amount of attention to my order and let me know that i forgot to or didn't add certain things to my order.

i didn't forget you to slow. thanks for the info and the patience

Edited by ss+P

ok, so i am back to this forum. sorry if you guys thought i was done with questions.

We have added more calibers to be reloaded.

Here is the current list of calibers:22-250,257 roberts, 7mm mag, 30-06, 300 win, 6mm, .223/5.56

Hopefully for me this will complete the list of calibers.

I have all the required equipment for the .257 roberts stuff, It looks like the same shell plate and locator buttons are used for the 22-250, the roberts the 7mm and the 30-06, they all use different powder funnels though. Is this correct.

If that is correct then i will also need to buy the equipment for the 300 win, the .223/5.56 the 6 mm. I found the correct shell plate and all on BE's sight for the 300 and 223 but I didn't see anything for the 6mm. what conversion, locator buttons and funnel do they take.

thanks again for your help in this matter

Here is the information for 7mm Rem Mag. None of the 7mm Mags that I see listed use the #1 Shellplate or Locator buttons.

7mm Rem Mag, 7mm STW - # 20140

#B Shellplate - # 13347

#J Powder Funnel - # 13456

#4 Locator Pin - # 14047

(Requires Magnum Powder Bar # 21353)

As for the 6mm is it '6mm Bench Rest' or '6mm PPC'?

For your information all of the change over kits and the individual parts are listed in the back section of the RL550 Manual.

If you buy the Change over kit for .223/5.56 it uses the same powder funnel that you need for the 22-250.

If it is .300 Win. Mag. and not .300 Win.Short Mag. then it uses the same Shellplate and Locator buttons as the above 7mm Rem.Mag with the #B Powder Funnel - # 13587 which is also used for 30-06.

If it is 6mm Bench Rest it uses the #1 Shellplate and Locator Buttons with the #6 PPC Rifle Powder Funnel - # 13085. as for 6mm PPC it uses the following:

6mm PPC - # 20265

#A Shellplate - # 13211

#6 PPC Rifle Powder Funnel - # 13085

#2 Locator Pin - # 14062

Yes it can and does get a bit confusing :surprise: sorry about that.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

Brian,

Thanks for the info again, I got part of my order last night. I guess i got the parts that are comming from dillon and i am waiting for parts to come from the enos store. not sure how that works.

i saw the parts list and diagrams last night after i had already posted this thread.

i am not sure if it is 6mm ppc or bench rest and will have to find out the other info before i order. lucky for me the guy who i am loading these for has $$$$$$$ so he buys it and i load it and he doesn't need all those rounds until next year

yeah i guess that does help a little.

i am sure i will come an ask more questions later.

i think i got most of the press set up last night. the powder station and how it works seems i little wierd and i am not sure if i have it set up correct. i guess i need to wait until i get my shell plate and everything to see how it works with brass in it. it doesn't seem to want to operate w/ me just moving the parts.

ok, so i am back to this forum. sorry if you guys thought i was done with questions.

We have added more calibers to be reloaded.

Here is the current list of calibers:22-250,257 roberts, 7mm mag, 30-06, 300 win, 6mm, .223/5.56

Hopefully for me this will complete the list of calibers.

I have all the required equipment for the .257 roberts stuff, It looks like the same shell plate and locator buttons are used for the 22-250, the roberts the 7mm and the 30-06, they all use different powder funnels though. Is this correct.

If that is correct then i will also need to buy the equipment for the 300 win, the .223/5.56 the 6 mm. I found the correct shell plate and all on BE's sight for the 300 and 223 but I didn't see anything for the 6mm. what conversion, locator buttons and funnel do they take.

thanks again for your help in this matter

You are correct (I believe that was already answered in this thread) on the 257 Roberts.

There are "lots" of 6mm's:

6mm Rem / 244 / 6mm XC (Tubb)

6mm PPC

6mm BR

6mm TCU

... which one will you load?

Also, for reference, at the very bottom of this page there are downloadable pdf's, with various "sort by" lists, for all the 550's Caliber Conversion Kits.

got everything set up on friday night and then started loading some .40. very very awesome, i learned alot about the loading process with them and now that i have done it i understand a little more about what parts and stuff and the things that i need for the caliber conversions.

thanks for all the help

I have a small hornady scale that has seemed to work so far. A friend said that i need a more accurate scale and lent me his dillon D-Terminator. I set it up and used the supplied weight of 700gr as a test. when i placed it on the scale it read out at 705.9grs consistently.

Is this normal, is the scale off. Is there anyway to "zero" the scale on 700 gr. does it even matter the it is 5.9 grains off when for the most of my reloading i will be measure much smaller amounts (ie 4.2 gr for .40)

Did he give you a weight that he 'says' is 700 grains or is it the 50 gram calibration weight? Every scale is shipped with the 50 gram weight that you should be using at the beginning of each use to calibrate the scale to make sure it is accurate. FYI 50 grams is 771 grains aprox.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

yeah i realized that when i got home. i checked the amount from the powder drop with my scale and the d-terminator scale and they where the same so i would assume either both scales are on or both are off