Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Limited 10mm question

kwesi

I really enjoy shooting my G20 but my 3rd generation barrel is not fully supported thus leaving the Glock bulge. While it resizes fine I'm concerned about the longterm effect on the Starline brass. I'm considering chaging to the Witness Limited IF the chamber is fully supported. Can anyone tell me if it is?

I'm also considering getting a KKM barrel. Any experience with either of these options is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes its fully supported and IMHO a much safer platform for the 10mm.

If you do switch to a Tanfoglio you need to get the Sprinco recoil reducer because they don't make stiff enough springs to keep the 10mm slide from hitting the frame if you are shooting hot loads. If you are shooting competition loads, you'll be fine.

If you do switch to a Tanfoglio you need to get the Sprinco recoil reducer because they don't make stiff enough springs to keep the 10mm slide from hitting the frame if you are shooting hot loads. If you are shooting competition loads, you'll be fine.

Thanks Skydiver & Nealio: I do shoot hotter loads in the 1200 - 1300 fps. Is the Sprinco the ticket for this? So with the limited I will not have any more "bulge" near the base?

I think the KKM barrel would also take care of it. I have a KKM 10mm -> 40s&w conversion barrel, and it does not bulge brass at all, where as my standard 20 barrel certainly does.

I did call KKM and spoke with Kevin, the owner IIRC, and he confirmed his barrel will definitely eliminate the bulge and improve accuracy significantly. I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to sell the G20 & save the $$ on the KKM then up the cash for the Limited.

I hope some Limited owners will chime in. BTW: I do not shoot any competition at this time. I was real impressed when I held my friends Limited 40 S&W. That's what got this all started!

Edited by kwesi

I hope some Limited owners will chime in. BTW: I do not shoot any competition at this time. I was real impressed when I held my friends Limited 40 S&W. That's what got this all started!

You were simply seduced by the feel of the more ergonomic grip and the balance of the gun. :-) I know I was the first time I held a CZ, and comparable to other people's epiphany moment when they first handle a 1911 and it felt "right". Don't get me wrong, I still shoot my G-34, but the progression for me was G-34 -> CZ-75 -> Witness Match -> Witness Limited.

If you like the feel of the Limited, be sure to also give a CZ Tactical Sport a try before you decide. I obviously went with the Tanfoglio line, but part of that was influenced by my liking to tinker, and a Tanfoglio is much easier to tinker with than a CZ.

You were simply seduced by the feel of the more ergonomic grip and the balance of the gun. :-) I know I was the first time I held a CZ, and comparable to other people's epiphany moment when they first handle a 1911 and it felt "right". Don't get me wrong, I still shoot my G-34, but the progression for me was G-34 -> CZ-75 -> Witness Match -> Witness Limited.

If you like the feel of the Limited, be sure to also give a CZ Tactical Sport a try before you decide. I obviously went with the Tanfoglio line, but part of that was influenced by my liking to tinker, and a Tanfoglio is much easier to tinker with than a CZ.

I almost went the same route lol. G34, CZ Shadow Custom, EAA Limited .40 now STI Edge .40. Tell you the truth the best feeling one is the Shadow.. If they made a Shadow .40 I would sell my soul :roflol:

As stated try a CZ Tactical Sport just so you know.

I hope some Limited owners will chime in.

So it all depends on your own personal preferences. I started with a Baby Eagle and everyone told me it "was exactly like a CZ". So I went to buy a CZ and realized they are not the same, and I didn't really like the feel of the CZ. Then I found out the Eagle was a Tanfoglio design and fondled some of them. OMG my hand was in heaven. The balance, ergos, feel, and also the larger grip on the Tanfoglio was so perfect for me I bought a 10mm match. Then I got a 9mm Limited. Then I sold my Para long slide and got a .45 Hunter. Then I sold my Bersa Thunder SC and got a Polymer for carry.

Personally I think a Glock feels like its the "opposite" of what the Tanfoglio feels like. If you like the Glock's feel then I would stick with it. If you like the Tanfoglio, I would go with that. My opinion is for the money its hard to get a nicer pistol. For approx $1000 you can get a very nice pistol that IMHO shoots as good as an STI.

- Nealio

• 1 month later...

Would a 20 lbs Wolff spring set help? I have a limited Pro 10mm

Would a 20 lbs Wolff spring set help? I have a limited Pro 10mm

When I ran a 20# spring by itself my slide would still hit the frame with hot handloads. If you are shooting moderate loads, you might be ok.

I'm currently running the Sprinco dual stage guiderode WITH a 20# spring and its barely enough for my 155gr @ 1380fps loads.