Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recieving e-mails when mods reply to threads

Over the last few months I've received e-mails stating "Mr. X has just posted a reply to a topic... "

When I go to the topic, the post doesn't exist. The post was always made by a moderator. I assumed the mod decided to retract the post, but now I think it is a bug in the system. I'm assuming the mods have a way to post to a topic that only allows other moderators to see it. When they post like this, it is hidden from us peons, but somehow the e-mail is still being sent to those subscribed to this topic. Below is an example (I think it is benign enough that I can post it here without getting in trouble)

benos has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Mods, please close....".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle,

Right.

be

I like getting the inside information. :goof:

I just wanted to make sure you and the other moderators were aware of it happening. I would hate for someone to post something that wasn't intended for public consumption.

I like getting the inside information. :goof:

I just wanted to make sure you and the other moderators were aware of it happening. I would hate for someone to post something that wasn't intended for public consumption.

Thanks.

be