Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

take a class from the best

9mmalpha

I just shot a match with TGO, Manny, Angus, and the Golem.

I can reiterate the mantra, Take a class from the Best. These guys were so helpful to the others in the squad. All excellent teachers.

TGO was especially helpful.

I took one of Manny's classes a few years ago. The problem is I didn't do any follow up...meaning I didn't practice what I learned. The lack of progression in my shooting is all my fault.

Before you spend the time and money on a class, you better decide if you'll dedicate the time and resources to practice and improve on what you learned. If not, you may end up spending money for almost no reason.

Great post. Relevant to my circumstances and something I hadn't thought of, till now.

Thanks

I just shot a match with TGO, Manny, Angus, and the Golem.

I can reiterate the mantra, Take a class from the Best. These guys were so helpful to the others in the squad. All excellent teachers.

TGO was especially helpful.

That must have been area 2. I just took a class with Manny today and he was talking about it.

Anyhow, I agree with what others have already written. The best way to analyze where you need improvement is to have someone at the top of the game watch and critique you.

You don't realize where those half and quarter seconds go and how they add up when you're watching a video or reading a book.

I learned a TON today and consider the 1:1 class worth every penny. It is alot of information to absorb, but I have no doubt I just added BIG TIME to my tool belt.

Now it's up to me to take it to the next level.