Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the Ultimate Ghostholster is the ultimate!

short_round

The screws keep falling out of the thing. I wouldn't trade this holster even if you gave me something else for free and paid me some cash, but it would be cool if my screws wouldn't go loose. Is it me?

Time to break out the loc-tite.

The first screw to go was one of the two that holds the "bar" to the belt side that adjusts the angle of the gun to your body. This wasn't too bad because there was another one there that I could tighten down. Happily, kevin_c went to the home depot and found a repacement hex head screw I believe it was 3mm.

The second and latest screw to go is the one right in the middle of the circular part that the holster rotates on for canting the gun. Angus (bless his soul, he responded to my email about this in hours) says this is a 5mm hex head screw that he'll send to me if I can't find it at home depot.

I guess I'll stock up on spare screws now and more loc-tite. Kyle gets to be "the Erik of Magazines" ... since there don't appear to be any other people experiencing this I guess this makes me "the Erik of Ghostholsters".

make note: you'll need METRIC hex wrenches to work on your ghostholsters.

I was once the Erik of parts-falling-off-motorcycles, so I learned to apply preventive Loc-Tite on things like the Ghost holster and Safariland mag pouches.

To be the Erik of Ghost holsters, you would have to actually have broken parts. Loose bolts, c'mon, gimme a break. When it breaks and drops your gun on your toes, then we'll talk.

Don't be frightened to tighten those screws.

Mine have been in for 3 years and have not moved, if you break something we will always replace it for you.

:D

I can attest to that. I broke the flat palstic part which connects the locking block to the belt. I emailed Angus a scan so he could see what part I broke, and a spare was shipped (free) the same day.