Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627PC

buckaroo45

I recently bought a no lock 627PC. It came to me with K frame grips, see pic. They work but need to be changed. Anybody have an idea what the early models of this gun were shipped with? An old pic would be interesting.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shooting revolver is somewhat like dating a full figured, less than stunning woman

-it's comfortable

-it will almost never disappoint you

-it's not finicky

-you can feed it nearly anything

-it doesn't care much about OAL

-it's stout, reliable, and durable

-you don't need to clean it much

-you can dryfire it all the time

My late version 627 Pro came w/ the Hogue one piece. The early versions apparantly came with wood stocks.

Thx

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Changing over to shooting revolver is the natural evolution of things, like learning to walk upright."

D.H. Busching

Yeah, that's one of the early guns from the first run of 5" 8-shots contracted by Lew Horton. I have an unfired one just like it in my safe. Those early guns came in a small black plastic Performance Center case (before they started using the aluminum briefcase-style PC case) and they were fitted with wood grips. I'm not sure who made the grips for S&W.