Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Took the plunge

Well I just took the plunge and ordered a Dillon 1050 off Brian's products page.....please someone tell me I did the right thing.

I have been using a turret press (Lyman) and with the amount of shooting I now intend to do I'm going Patsy Cline crazy trying to load up enough .45 to shoot with my son and son in law and I can't see spending that amount of time to load up several hundred rounds of .38supercomp using the turret press.

Guys and gals here suggested getting the 550, 650, and other dillons but I like spending my $ one time. WHen I read Brians comment about buying the volkswagon car and not being sorry once you drive it I figured I wanted the experience of priming the way it should be and want to turn out ammo fast so the TRUE OWNER of my home won't be yelling "What are you doing down there for so long?" while I'm trying to reload in case the hordes invade. :D

Its not really a total plunge......more like total immersion because I had already purchased the open div weapon from STI GUNNER (Thanks again Scott) and the Bullets from Montana Gold (9mm 124gr), and the Brass from Starline (on its way to me).

See...once you have the weapon now you NEED the machine and the machine NEEDS the powder to go in the NEEDED brass, which NEEDS primers, and of course the NEEDED bullets to go with the other components as well.

I already have a big container of titegroup powder...although I hear Vita 3n37 is supposedly better for this bullet/brass combo I'm gonna use up the titegroup first between my .45 and the new .38 supercomp before I get another type of powder.

Now I gotta go over to shooters connection and get a rig with holster and mag pouches that I NEED to fit this Buck Rogers looking space gun blaster. :D

JK

Well I just took the plunge and ordered a Dillon 1050 off Brian's products page.....please someone tell me I did the right thing.

Thanks John! You did the right thing - the 1050's the ulitmate reloading machine.

I'll email the tracking for it when it's in Dillon's system, which should be by Wednesday.

be

Thanks Brian ...no rush ....still waiting on the brass to arrive.

I have a metric assload of Montana gold bullets.

The post office left me a card in the mail box with a note "HEAVY package"

I go there to pick it up and nope...I'm not picking that up without a handtruck and a big dumb guy named bubba.

Get that finally down into the basement and "place" it onto my temporary loadng bench with a resounding crash.

JK