Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

beretta 92fs and the Taurus PT92

triplesinglestack

I was looking at a Taurus pt92, just to have as a backup, for my primary production gun Beretta 92fs, is this a good idea? or should I pay a few bucks more for another beretta? also could I install a beretta mag catch into the taurus and have it accept my beretta mags?

thanks

Jason

Personally (and I have done this) I would get another Beretta rather than buy the Taurus. While I have no problem with the quality of the Taurus, I am more confident in the Beretta. The Taurus (as you likely know) is made from an older design of the Beretta that was sold to Taurus by Beretta.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with a second Beretta also, if only because of the controls all being in the same place. The Taurus safety and magazine release are in a different place.

I have a couple Taurus magazines, and they won't fit my Berettas.

just to piggy back on what NuJudge said...you would have to carry an extra set of mags specifically for the Taurus.

and depending on the match, I highly doubt that a MD at a major match would let you use the Taurus as a back up.

I have two 96's and two 92's for that reason. I have never had to use a backup gun.

• 1 month later...