Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie Revolver Shooter from Northern California

Flash Pan

Howdy All,

My name is Dan (Flash Pan Dan) and I just finish taking my Safe Handgun Competitor course with the Richmond Hotshots and am ready to go and shoot my first match. I have competed all my adult life and after having some success in shotgun, rifle, and archery competitions I’m ready to learn to do it with a handgun. I want to start in IDPA Stock Service Revolver Division and look forward to what that leads me into in the future.

I have a Ruger GP100, Blade Tech holster, Safariland CompIII speedloaders and some Ready Tactical speedloader carriers. I have been reading past posts here and on the IDPA forum and that lead me to make these purchases. I think that will get me started okay. I still have a lot to learn and hope I can contribute little also.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Flash,

Welcome to the wonderful world of wheelguns!

Look up the match called the MCC (Memphis Charity Challenge). Its a USPSA rules match, but like the ICORE Nationals it is a must-do match for Revo shooters.

Dan,

welcome to the best place to find info about our sport, btw if you want to know about other clubs in the northern cali area go to actionpistol.org for a listing of other clubs in the greater northern cali area including IDPA/steel challege etc...enjoy B.

Go to Morro Bay this weekend, you still have time to enter, and shoot the ICORE Regional Championship on Saturday. Even if you just go to watch you will learn a lot. Go to ICORE.ORG if you want to read up on the matches and stages.