Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sony DSC-T33 Digital Camera Won't Take Picture

The subject camera has been setting in my desk for maybe a year, with a dead battery. So I put a new battery in it, but now it won't take pictures. With the camera on, nothing appeas on the digital display. If you push the button to take a pic, the light and shutter flashes like it's "trying to take a picture," but nothing (only blackness) is recorded.

I set all the settings to Auto/Normal, tried 2 different memory cards, reformatted one of them, and pushed the reset button, but it still won't take a picture.

Is it junk?

be

Awesome - thanks. I should have known - Mr. Search.

The link says my model is covered under an extended warranty until May 2011. But when you click to find the service center to return it to, only pacific/asian countries come up. Bummer. So I googled "sony usa service center," but when I click to "request repair/service center" the page won't load.

I'll figure it out.

Brian,

If you left the batteries in the camera for a year it could be the contacts are dirty/corroded. You might try giving the contacts a good cleaning and then try it again.

The battery icon shows the battery to be fully charged. From Kyle's link, it is known issue.

be

It turns out the extended warranty does not apply to U.S. made/sold cameras.

I asked Sony why not, as my camera has the exact same problem as the Asian/Pacific made cameras that do have the extended warranty. I doubt I'll hear back from them on that.

be