Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5 minutes to review stage

whitedog

I've heard people say shooters get 5 minutes to review the stage after the wsb is read. We do it at our local shoot also. Where in the rule book does it say this? I know it says shooters will have time to review the stage, but I can't find an actual time stated. Please give section from book. Thanks guys.

No specific time is specified, see rule below. 5 mins may have been decided on a while ago as a reasonable amount of time so that is just what everyone does. Those shooting longer than I have can possibly chime in if they used to see longer or shorter times in the past.

3.2.4 After the written stage briefing has been read to competitors, and questions arising there from have been answered, competitors should be permitted to conduct an orderly inspection (“walkthrough”) of the course of fire. The duration of time for the inspection must be stipulated by the Range Officer, and it should be the same for all competitors. If the course of fire includes moving targets or similar items, these should be demonstrated to all competitors for the same duration and frequency

It all depends on the stage.

Starting anywhere within the shooting area to engage 16 targets behind, around, under, over and through 16 different walls, ports, and barricades will need more time to walk through then 8 targets available from 3 different locations with everyone starting from the same position.

We have taken the full 5 minutes on some occasions, and on others everyone just looks at the course from the gallery and we go right into shooting.