Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5,000+ rnds later, and the firing pin broke.

DocMedic

First Generation M&P 9pro firing pin finally gave out. And the way I find out is after the Beep on the first stage, after a 3 hour drive :unsure:

:surprise: Now that sucks! At least mine broke doing dry firing. I borrowed one from Want2Race and shot the Battle in the Bluegrass. I received a new one from S&W today. Great Customer Service!:cheers:

A.T.

3 Hour drive and no fun! That's some cash regardless. I have 10k rounds + out of a first gen M&P 9mm (4.25) and the only thing that has gone wrong, was a week firing pin spring. I think I may change the pin as well after reading this. This is my carry gun and it would be detrimental to my health to have a FTF. Thanks.

Doc.

Sorry to hear your striker failed. Was that at Weld? I have a later generation striker in my gun and, if I'm shooting production, I usually carry a spare (early generation). I have had two of the old generation strikers fail so far. The new ones look very robust. I don't expect it to fail, but a spare is good insurance after prior experiences. Look me up if it happens again and we at the same match.

Thanks everyone, I was lucky that one of the people I shoot with had his carry gun, which is a M&P9mmFS. But after zeroing the first stage of the match, I wasn't in the right mind set for the match, so All I did was blaze away as fast as I could for the rest of the match. (Which in turn didn't work but was fun as heck.) After calling S&W They gone ahead and sent me a new striker to my house, so right now, I'm just waiting. I *guess* I'll shoot my STI a little longer till I get the M&P back up :roflol:

Edited by DocMedic