Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delrin Collar Sleeve

If you mean p/n 13845 from the powder measure then yes I have had one go bad on me and yes it is covered. Mine went bad after about 200,000 rounds, it had gotten loose and was causing the powder drops to vary too much (by as much as .3 gr. of Titegroup). That is not a good thing when you are already using max loads of powder.

Brian

I have an older style powder measure I bought second hand. It's collar sleeve (part 13845) has come loose and if it's not sitting on the powder die, the sleeve frequently falls out. How does that affect powder drop consistency...and should I contact Dillon to request a replacement sleeve?

• 3 years later...

Not all connector body collars used sleeves. The early ones were not machined for them. If your connector body collar has a gap between the outside of the pressed-in steel drop tube and the inside of the connector body collar, then you need a sleeve. If you see a white ring around the steel drop tube then the sleeve is in place.The measure will still function without one, but you will experience wider variations in powder charge weight. Just phone or email us and request one.

Not all connector body collars used sleeves. The early ones were not machined for them. If your connector body collar has a gap between the outside of the pressed-in steel drop tube and the inside of the connector body collar, then you need a sleeve. If you see a white ring around the steel drop tube then the sleeve is in place.The measure will still function without one, but you will experience wider variations in powder charge weight. Just phone or email us and request one.

Dillon customer service....just another reason I bought Dillon