Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from Marylandistan

Hello all, my name is Rick and i live in Maryland. I have been shooting most of my life (age 6 to current 45). Spent time as an Active Duty Computer geek for the Air Force and am now a member of the DC Air National Guard for a total of 17 years service. Though my wife isn't a shooter or firearm enthusiast she supports me in my hobby (as long as i don't buy any more guns :unsure: ). I shot my firt IDPA match recently and overall did HORRIBLE. a couple of the stages i didn't do too bad but a couple of them (9 stages total) i bombed. I finished 20 point behind the second to last shooter.

I loved the way you phrased that: "20 points behing the second to last shooter. Kind of remnds me of a track dual-meet between teh now defunct USSR and the USA. the US won hands down, but the Pravda headline read, "Soviets finsih second, US finished second to last." Welcome to the most informative site on shooting around. IT these guys and gals cannot answer you question, Einstein probably couldn't answer it. Don't worry about your finishing order for awhile. Just have fun and learn the process. My first goals were to ahve fun and not get DQ'ed. Tenmatches later I thought I was ready to get faster, and during a really good run, got too quick and broke teh 180. The RO felt really bad about calling it because it looked like it was going to be my best ever. Not. I really ;earned something, and I still had fun. Welcome again.

if you want to try uspsa, we've got a couple of matches coming up this weekend.

saturday: southern chester county practical shooters (PA, near kennett square)

http://www.sccsfa.org/page11/page11.html

sunday: maryland practical shooters (thurmont, md)

http://www.mpsa.net/pg2.html (not updated for this year yet...)

if you need more info, let me know.