Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 springfield trophy match for ipsc

hello i`m planning joining ipsc, i have a 1911 springfield trophy match and i reload my ammos, can you guys give me some idea like what division would be my gun at....and if i can use it i was planning of getting the cr speed deluxe range belt, cr speed mag pouches, double alpha race master 1911 holster, or i`m open for any suggestion, i been shooting my trophy match for awhile now and i shoot really good groups in it....

+1 on single stack division since the Trophy Match has a bushing barrel. If you really want to use the race holster, buy some 10rnd mags and a magwell (even that's not really needed) and do Limited 10. Nice thing about having a bushing gun is it goes both ways! :P

hello guys , what is the 10 rounds mags you use in Ipsc, here is the setup I`m thinking to get ....Cr speed deluxe range belt, Cr speed mag pouches and I`m not sure about the holster..can you help me with this guys please and thank you

My .02 is get a holster that is legal for Single Stack. You can still get the 10 round mag's and use the setup for Limited-10. Once you have shot a few matches in both divisions then make your decision about getting a race holster. The two holsters that want2race listed above will work in both SS and L10, but a race holster is L10 only.

• 3 months later...

My SA Trrophy Match has been super reliable with 185 gr. LSWC , 185 & 230 gr plated, 185 & 230 gr. JHP and 230 gr. FMJ bullets. A very accurate gun which required changing the innards since the factory trigger was a mushy 5+ lbs.

My SA Trrophy Match has been super reliable with 185 gr. LSWC , 185 & 230 gr plated, 185 & 230 gr. JHP and 230 gr. FMJ bullets. A very accurate gun which required changing the innards since the factory trigger was a mushy 5+ lbs.

which part of the action did you change, like sears and hammer, hammer spring and what else, would you mind to specify every detail of it please.

which part of the action did you change, like sears and hammer, hammer spring and what else, would you mind to specify every detail of it please.

I replaced the hammer, sear, disconnector and hammer spring with a set from Frerking Gun Works. I have also used the Cylinder & Slide 3 1/2 lb. kits in other 1911's. A fellow shooter chose to have a trigger job done on the factory components. I opted to have the factory components available if I ever sell the gun.