Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Shellplate #8

I'm waiting on a large primer shuttle/slide thing - it's back-ordered everywhere (including the factory) as well. I guess we're looking at the wrong time of year. I also had trouble getting the shell plate for .38spl recently. Finally found it at Graf's.

(Actually, Graf's says "less than five in stock" for the #8 right now... http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/6475

Edited by toddje

If it makes you feel any better, I've been utterly unable to get some key Hornady parts this week.

I need Hornady shell holders #1 and #6 for my Hornady case prep center. They're out of stock and backordered everywhere, including the factory.

Ditto the Hornady headspace gage .400" bushing, which I need for my Stoney Point headspace gage. However, that story has a happier outcome, as I found a substitute part offered by Sinclair International.

The case retainer springs seem to be out of stock everywhere else, but I was able to order 3 from the factory yesterday, as well as a pair of the primer slide return springs.

I don't know why there seems to be a nationwide shortage of Hornady reloading equipment lately, but I guess we'll just have to wait a while.

update:

I did find sellers claiming to have the #1 or #6 shellholders in stock, but...not both at the same place. I hate doubling up on shipping, so I'll just wait I guess.

Edited by Warhammer4k

Natchezs just got them back in stock yesterday.

Thanks for the tip. I have an email alert set up with MidwayUSA (for other stuff) and should probably see about setting up the same at other sellers.

Edited by Warhammer4k