Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1974 Honda 550~Four – Old school Café Racer build

TDC57

Ok, now lets add on the top cover and see the basic engine now looks like..

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Here’s were it gets fun team.. It’s discussion / decision time, typically this is what most of us have,(simple) hose clamps around out intakes

Ie this..

IMG_0152.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since this is my theme bike, I decided to think a little outside of the box and try a few things that just might be, more ascetically pleasing, shall we say. So I wrapped them in stainless hose to match the rest of the lines and I got this.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Ok, that’s one look.. but how about if I do this? This will match the fittings inlue of the hoses? I do like this look too, maybe even better than the stainless.. hmmmm………

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

I also figured out, (after the carbs were back off) that I can simple add the ring / collar to the stainless hose and get this look..

IMG_0168.jpg

So IDK… that’s where I’m at team.. please note, I’m well aware that this item has nothing to do with overall function of the motorcycle

Any thoughts??

Thank you again for your time and have a great weekend everybody

Tdc.

Hey thanks guys, Yeah.. it might be to much for some, but I'm just getting started.. hahaa.. No worries thou, I'll put it all together sir..

Hey team,

Progress is moving along at good pace so I thought I would add another photo dump, light if you got them! Hahahaa..

Moving forward with the project, I ended up going back and did some of the stuff I forgot to do before, ie kickstand and tank, etc.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

All painted up and ready to go

IMG_0239.jpg

I also finally Finished polishing up the frame.. I cant even begin to tell you how big of pain the butt that one was..

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Then I also took out the airbrush and some fun with the tire and rim.. lol..

Remember team, this is what is looked like before.

IMG_9819-1.jpg

Now it looks a little different

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

For what its worth team, just to give you a different looks at things, if I wanted to take the easy way out from here and still have a cool old school café bike, then I would simply finish it off to look Norton “ish” ie Which is DAM good look bike IMO… I like old school stuff.

_MG_7656copy.jpg

But I’m going a different route!, I’ve taking the patch less traveled, the one full of headache misery, the one that up hill in snow both ways and I’m wearing milk bone underwear!.. I’m going against the grain and making my own carbon fiber parts.. I’m sooooo excited!..

I’ve been really looking forward to this phase in my journey..

I’m going to start with a bobbed front and a new rear fender.

I’m going to be using these as my molds

IMG_0265.jpg

I’m also going to be using some bass 30mm brass out of a warthog as my turn signal housing and I’ll be using .50cal bras as stems.

Etc, etc.. it all equals out to go times ahead..

I’ll post further updates as soon as a have anything worth posting up..

Thank you all so much for your time team and have a great one

Tdc.