Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Baer Enthusiasts Here?

Accelerator

I have 3 built on frame and slide kits from Les. 2 in .45ACP with consecutive serial numbers - LB2xx and one in .38 Super with a serial number that is only 6 digits off from the .45's. All 3 are virtually identical. The .45's were main and back-up and the Super was because I wanted a 5" Super.

I have several Baers. My TRS is my favorite..but now I use a Premier II with green fiber on the front sight in my matches. The TRS is my full size carry gun. TRS has over 20K rounds and the P2 has about 5 in it now. No issues with either gun. I added S&A magwell to both, alot cheaper to do it on my own than have Baer do it.

• 2 months later...

Another Baer fan here. I have a Premier II and absolutely love it. I've been using it for target shooting and bowling pin matches, and am planning to use it in Single Stack and Limited 10 matches. I have left it completely stock (other than putting on a pair of VZ grips) and have no complaints.

post-33630-0-12296600-1311786530_thumb.j

top Kimber super match 22,Top-Left Concept 7 CCW gun[probably my favorite],middle PII main IDPA/Limted 10 Hard chromed slide and tons of upgrades around 78k rnds..Bottom left PII S.S. 9mm hehehe ESP sissy gun..bottom right 1995/1996?? custom PII 1.5" loaded up,all edges blended frame and slide,and when i sent this back several yrs ago to have night sights put on,i talked to Les and he remembered building the gun ..and got a new Ultimate Master in Feb this yr.. :cheers:

post-4535-0-25618100-1311868011_thumb.jp

My Baer to me is the perfect pistol. I ordered it so I could have it just the way I wanted it:

baer01.jpg

baer02.jpg

Premier II

3 1/2 pound trigger pull

No front slide serrations

Tactical Package

Night sights

Magazine well

No Ambi Safety

Hex grips screws