Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help on a shotgun for 3 gun

donnyglock

I have bought 5 benelli M1's with 24 barrels over the past 3-4 months for under $700 each. One SBE was only $575. Add a welded lifter and a Nordic tube and your at the price of a new SLP only the Benelli will run better;)

Dang it would be sweet if you fixed it up the way you like and then sold it to me.

I have bought 5 benelli M1's with 24 barrels over the past 3-4 months for under $700 each. One SBE was only $575. Add a welded lifter and a Nordic tube and your at the price of a new SLP only the Benelli will run better;)

Dang it would be sweet if you fixed it up the way you like and then sold it to me.

I can make that happen!

I started with a Mossberg 590. After my first big match, I realized semi-auto was the way to go. I picked up a used Remington 11-87 and added a few parts. It took some time, but I got it running reliabiliy on some fairly light loads. It was a great shooter, patterned nicely with slugs and birdshot. Problem was it took forever to load. I tried & tried but could not load it quickly. I tried a buddies M2, eventually picked one up & sold my 11-87. So far, I have been very happy with the Benelli.

I have also handled my friends Mossberg 930's and FNH Mark 1's. Both are fine weapons. I would suggest shooting all 3 if possible and make your selection off what you like.

I've been running a 26" M2 American (no comfortech stock).. I love it. Runs great, nice and light, reliable as hell! I do not think the barrel has hampered me much at all, and in fact, think it has has helped me reach out and take out plates that shorter barreled guns felt the need to choke up to knock over...