Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

question about the dillon 650

hey folks. i bought a dillon 650 press and pretty much set it up. i was running a few pieces of brass to cycle it but i find that sometimes that the brass does not seat into "index plate, the thing that carries the brass to each station" all the way. any help would be good.

hey folks. i bought a dillon 650 press and pretty much set it up. i was running a few pieces of brass to cycle it but i find that sometimes that the brass does not seat into "index plate, the thing that carries the brass to each station" all the way. any help would be good.

Are you cycling the handle all the way "up" as if you were seating a primer?

that long black rod that the case insertion block rides against adjusts the stop position of that block. Adjust up should allow the block in further, and to echo what sv-cop said about pushing the handle all the way back.

I did have an issue this weekend where several powder grains (N320) were stuck in the shell plate, where the case rim fits. It prevented the case from being fully seated and then the sizing die/decapping pin wouldn't cycle. After I blew the powder out with a little compressed air, I was back in business.

i found out what the problem was. it was a design flaw of the completed round ramp, the part that goes in between station 5 and the bin. it was open to wide and was catching the platform. i bent it in and it works like a champ. hopefully, i will load some .45acp rounds on sunday.

That is fairly normal. It is not a design flaw, it happens during shipping and installation. So as you found you just have to bend it back into shape. I have had two 650's and had to do it on both.

Brian