Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

witness elite limited barrel, stainless?

bamayne

Thanks. I thought they were but I wasn't sure. I've been trying some of those precision moly bullets and I am having trouble getting the moly out. It built up in the chamber so bad the gun would chamber a round fully every now and then. They have two different methods of cleaning the moly out, one for stainless and one for steel.

Yeah I personally would NEVER shoot moly, even if they were given to me for free.

You can get plated (or black poly coating even) and not have to mess with anything for close to the same price.

...uhhh...not so sure they are stainless. I fubared a barrel with the h2o2 cleaning method...and don't use Precision Black bullets unless you really love cleaning out some of the massive build up they leave behind, even with a "lead safe" powder like Solo 1000. I have run BBI bullets with no problems,though.

Are the barrels from the factory on an elite limited 40 caliber made from stainless?

thanks

Don't tell me that! I already cleaned it with that solution. It definetely took the build up out. I hope it doesn't cause any harm. I'm just gonna switch back to copper jacketed bullets, but I've still got like 2000 of these that I don't want to just throw away. I guess I'll use them for practice.

Might want to take a good hard look at your barrel and look for any dull looking spots in the bore.... post cleaning. After shooting through 1000 Precisions, I will never buy any more of those bullets.

Don't tell me that! I already cleaned it with that solution. It definetely took the build up out. I hope it doesn't cause any harm. I'm just gonna switch back to copper jacketed bullets, but I've still got like 2000 of these that I don't want to just throw away. I guess I'll use them for practice.