Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Valdada 1.5-8x CQB Anyone use this scope?

There are a few out there, I got one for my open rifle for the same reason, a bit more magnification .

unless they have improved the illumination, its not visable in bright daylight and its a bit heavy, but that does not detract from this excellent scope. Glass is very clear (one of the best) and the field of view is better than most which is the other reason I bought one.

you won't go wrong with this scope.

JJ

ETA; do a search for it here and the rifle section, you will find more comments.

Edited by RiggerJJ

Why would you need illumination during daylight hours? IMO the IOR's are solid. You won't be disappointed. Buy it from Liberty Optics or the like since I've heard stories about dealing directly with IOR but last I heard that was getting better.

I’m looking for a new 3 gun scope and thought the extra magnification on this might be useful as our local matches regularly have a 400+ yd stage.

Anyone tried one of these ?

i have two. one with the standard turrets and one with the .308 turrets. i don't use the illumination much. sometimes in the evening or early morning if the targets are hid in the woods and difficult to see. i have found that the hashmarks match my handloads if i zero the 300 yard hashmark and go from there. the dot and horseshoe are pretty much dead on after that and the downrange hashmarks for the 4, 5 and 6 are dead on. like JJ said, the glass is superb. i highly recommend this scope.

:cheers:

The illumination isn't day time visible so you can't use it like a red dot. I wish they offered these scopes without illumination to drop the price. The BDC is calibrated for a specific ammo and not in standard mils. The zoom ring is stiff and nobody makes a zoom lever for this model. You are limited to the scope mounts because of the 35mm tube. Other than that, it is a nice scope. My friend has one. I use an IOR 1.1-4 which has a zoom lever and BDC in mils and like it a lot for the price.

i forgot to mention the scope with the .308 turrets has knob on the power ring. it works but is not as quick as a cat tail. (throw lever) still a really good scope, escpecially when compared $$$ wise with S&B, Swarovski and the new Leupold.

:cheers:

You might consider the Nightforce NXS around that price range. Although the objectives are big, which is a dislike for me, they are A+ scopes.

If you go 35mm on the tube, rings aren't a problem. Badger Ordinance makes them and I believe Seekins makes a 35mm as well. Those are 2 of the main players in the rings world right now.

You get rings with the scope, low, med, or high. Also JP has a NEW one piece that is 35mm that mounts the sight forward for an AR. I "made" a one piece mount with a flat top extension from Valdata and the rings that come with the scope.

The main reason I got this scope was the field of view. Check out the specs on it, but you will be hard pressed to find a comparable scope with FOV that wide...

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you need illumination during daylight hours? IMO the IOR's are solid. You won't be disappointed. Buy it from Liberty Optics or the like since I've heard stories about dealing directly with IOR but last I heard that was getting better.

Having a lit reticle allows you to see the reticle faster against the targets especially in less that perfect lighting conditions. I much prefer daylight visible illumination to the point its a must have for me.

Pat

• 1 month later...