Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo squad at area 5

its was an honor to be squaded with Mike and the guys.. and gals... I had a lot of fun, 14 stages was a bit much for one day... esp with the weather... started off wet, then cool and windy, then hot and steamy...

I'd like to have a handful of them "mikes" back....

Special thanks to Steve Irish for loaning me a cylinder release screw... couldn't have finished with out it....

+1 I had a good time meeting everyone in 305. Congrats on high B Chris, you got me by 23 points :P I had a great time shooting with you and we were back and forth all day. Good match with some tough stages, but I learned I'll never do 14 in one day again.......it's just too much for this guy :wacko:

Yeah Nick, now that you're 28 years old and starting to slow down a little, you should probably choose the two-day format from here on out. :roflol:

Great shooting with all the wheels on Squad 305! From 8 in the morning to 8 at night, it was a total blast! :cheers:

Would like to thank all the RO's and staff that put on this match. The stages were great, all things considered, it went pretty smoothly, at least from a shooters perspective. I can imagine all the running around behind the scenes that goes on when dealing with weather like that. Got to see all the old faces in the revo crowd and some of the new. Got to shoot with Jerry and Kay and Lena. That is always a pleasure. One of my stories from the match. We were on one of the muddier stages, Tony Hawkins and his lovely wife come up the hill with a load of gravel on the ATV. Tony's driving, Deb is riding, they pull up and Deb jumps off and starts shoveling gravel into the mud to try and improve the footing. Jerry tries to take the shovel from Deb saying that he will do that, and she should not have to. Tony says "No Jerry, you paid to shoot the match, not work it, we will get it" Thanks to Tony and Deb for busting their humps for us shooters all week-end.

2 other lessons I learned form shooting this week-end.

1. The re-shoot gods are evil, they will get you every time. Like in football, you never take points off of the scoreboard. Boy did I learn that the hard way on stage 14 :sick:

2. Re-loading hot between stages is never a good idea. You are just asking for trouble. I will NEVER do that at a match again.

Favorite part of the match- Getting to shoot a couple of the steel challenge stages with Sarah Irish. Holy cow boys can that girl shoot a 22 rimfire open gun. Absolutely unbelievable. She put us all to shame. Sarah I hope your ankle gets better, We could tell how much it was hurting you those last couple of stages.

See you all in a couple of weeks at Bend.

Tom

BobbieJo and I had a great time with you guys.We have some work to do to keep up to you guys,But revolvers are so much fun.Thanks again to the staff,great job in tough conditions. :cheers: :cheers:

Favorite part of the match- Getting to shoot a couple of the steel challenge stages with Sarah Irish. Holy cow boys can that girl shoot a 22 rimfire open gun. Absolutely unbelievable. She put us all to shame. Sarah I hope your ankle gets better, We could tell how much it was hurting you those last couple of stages.

Her dad and I were doing the all day shoot, so we missed watching Sarah shoot the steel side match. All afternoon, ROs and other were saying things like "absolutely awesome", "simply remarkable". They were pretty awestruck. Then after seeing the results (http://www.a5match.info/attachments/article/52/Steel%20Side%20Match.pdf), I was pretty awestruck, too.

The stages were fabulous as well as the whole match staff and management! Great job all!! :cheers:

Sue