Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting strung along

-JQ-

No one here...not even close to here.

<nonsensical rant on>

I hate getting strung along for work/opportunity...especially when it is the need is so great that you are almost willing to "sell out" cheap. I know better. But I can't keep selling off...

Two weeks of "call you tomorrow" and now you want to meet Friday?! I guess I should be glad he finally called. <_<

I understand ALL the issues that can, and does come up...fine just say hey not going to work. BUT don't "spit" in my ear and tell me it is raining.

And, while it could work out, the hairs on the back of my neck are now not going to be ignored because of being "friends"... <_<

I guess we'll know by Friday 1500hr.

<rant off>

I am thankful for all the good things I have going...and for those who don't make my hairs stand...maybe I need to share a couple good things to balance out my board karma...peace.

Edited by -JQ-

Boy do I understand the HATE in this one. Customer of 15yrs needed a project completed, I walked him through all steps over several months and at the last minute he brought someone from over 100 miles away to do the job. It is a heating system and I hope when it goes out, they guy is willing to drive the more than 100 miles to fix it. I won't drive across town for this guy ever again :angry2: :angry2:

I had a similar situation many years ago. I spent over 6 months thinking I had a job lined up. It would just be another couple of weeks before it could happen. I finally gave up and realized it was never going to happen. A few months later I found another job, and I've been here for over 11 years.

If it isn't meant to be, the best thing you can do is stop worrying about it and get the aggravation out fo your life.

Good luck.