Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid Benelli Question

HiCapMag

How do you get the dern mag tube open so you can clean in there.  My Benelli went goofy on me for just a little while today....seemed like the spring in the mag tube got kinked up or something.  I thought I would just pop it open and hoze it off, but nothing doing....looks like a bank vault.  

There has to be a way to do this.......anyone....anyone??

I have an M3 if it matters.

Thanks.

Nope, no threaded end cap.  Double checked and even dug out the manual.  Parts diagram clearly shows a one piece tube, threaded only in the receiver (not ready to try and take that out yet).  The muzzle end of the tube has a plunger type arrangement inside and the ends of the tube are crimped in to keep it in place.

Chriss, I appreciate your help though.  Do you have an M3?  I am wondering if the model changed over the years.  Mine is a post-ban, maybe '98 manufacture.

Thanks.

Mine is only a couple years old so it is also PB. You have to be able to take the mag cap off otherwise you cant break the gun down to remove the barrel. The other option is to pust that metal end piece that you said is crimped in and turn it it will come out that way also. Are you guys in the US or so other country? Maybe the put adifferent style out .

Chris,

While I live here in the US, my M3 is a preban M3 but it is not marked HK, it is a Benelli.  I bought it in Germany when I was stationed there in Berlin.  Since it wasn't imported to the US by HK it is just a Benelli. Bought it in 1992 and brought it back with me in 1994.

Neal in AZ

(Edited by Intel6 at 8:40 am on Mar. 11, 2003)

If you don't have the mag cap nut then  the only way is to flip the little metal end piece around to take it out. Mine came with a 2 shot extension that just screws on and off. I would check the schematics in the manual and see if it helps otherwise it beats the hell out of me. I'll try and email you a picture of the part if the rugrats cooperate.

HiCapMag,

Some of the longer Benelli's don't use the extended mag tube that comes off when you remove the mag tube nut.  Some of the tubes are screwed directly into the reciever.  The only way to remove them is to gradually heat the back end of the tube near the reciever and unscrew it.  You may need to use chanel-locks, but wrap something around the tube so as not to damage or bend it.  That should get it off, but make sure you dab a small bit of lock tite (BLUE!) on the threads.  Then it won't come loose.

Hope this helps.

Phil