Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hk p7 ?

kidcoltoutlaw

gm,

"Enhanced Service Pistol" is something of a misnomer.  "Single action other than .45" is probably more accurate.  Likewise "Custom Defensive Pistol" which translates essentially into "1911 in .45" or "Wilson Combat 1911" if you're a little more cynical.

Lata,

DogmaDog

Yeah! It was "Kid Colt, Outlaw." And there was "The Outlaw Kid," a totally different character. And of course I remember "The Two-Gun Kid," the best of the bunch IMHO. And let's not forget "The Rawhide Kid." Did you know that in Fantastic Four right now they have Johnny Storm, the Human Torch, trying to become a movie actor. His first part is playing, ta-dum! the Rawhide Kid.

i ask the question about the hk p7 because they put this guy in the ssp class.he won but when they added his score up it was added up wrong but he would have still won.by 50 points it was wrong.im new but i just dont see how his loads were so light they would not even knock the poppers down.there was another guy with a .45 it shot through the light strip holding the target and stuck in the carboard target behind it.real power there.i thought ssp was for double actions but it was full of 1911's.either im crying or i got screwed,thanks,keith

You have to consider not all IDPA clubs actually enforce the rules or even follow them.  I've heard of one club that penalize way too many points for a no shoot and also for shooting too fast.

SSP is for guns that fire with DA first shot, DAO, or safe action.  P7 apparantly in IDPA view is consider SA.